Thursday, February 18, 2010

Beck Is Crazy And Annoying - But Don't Be Too Quick To Dismiss EVERYTHING He Says

IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THAT BECK IS AN ENTERTAINER FIRST AND FOREMOST, NOT A JOURNALIST. Nevertheless, we cannot just dismiss everything he says simply because we disagree with some of his beliefs. This method of choosing sides is blinding and debilitating and is one reason why we make so little progress anymore.
Glenn Beck is quite guilty of this very thing. He made an extremely dramatic point of aligning 9/11 truthers with Van Jones (a liberal nutjob in his own right - IMO) just because Jones also believes that the Bush administration may have had something to do with those events. "Good" people make mistakes. "Bad" people sometimes do "good" things. The world is not black and white. If we think this way, we will never get anywhere because everything becomes convoluted - truth, good points, valid information gets lost in a sea of propaganda and the mentality of "going down with the ship". Because none of us are perfect and therefore all of our opinions are subject to misjudgement and prejudice it is important to remain humble, open to new information and points of view without compromising our own foundations.
The LAST thing I am is perfect. I make mistakes all the time, just like everyone else. But my belief that the U.S. government was involved in the crimes of 9/11 is completely separate from the FACT that the U.S. government was involved in the crimes of 9/11. That fact is separate and independent of my opinion.
We have to be careful with choosing sides and defending that side no matter what. I have stated before that I am open to reviewing any compelling evidence that anyone wants to show me in favor of the argument that the U.S. government was not involved in the 9/11 crimes. I have reviewed this side of the story in detail and I am not convinced. The story doesn't add up. The scientific evidence is in favor of the "inside job" accusation.
I hope I'm making my point clearly. I do not support Obama, for example. But I do not believe that everything he does is wrong and evil. This is a dangerous and fanatical mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment